Man dies after accidentally swallowing live tilapia fish

Man dies after accidentally swallowing live tilapia fish

A 50-year-old man died after he accidentally swallowed a live tilapia fish and got his airway blocked, while fishing in a central Philippine river, local news reported on Thursday.
According to the report, the victim, identified as Roger Marcelino, and his son went fishing in the river in Tagutud, a village in Bungasong town in Antique province in the central Philippines, on June 29 when the accident happened.
The son reportedly said it has been his father’s habit to put his fresh catch between his teeth.
Source: Guardian Newspaper