Delta State Governor, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, Friday, said his administration would ensure completion of all ongoing projects while also initiating new ones for the sustainable development of the state.
Governor Oborevwori disclosed this during inspection of construction of storm drainage channel from Owa-Alero and its environs through Owa-Alizomor and Owa-Ofie to link Iyi-Amah stream in Ika North-East Local Government Area of the state.
The Governor who was conducted round the site by the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Works, Engr Fred Edafiogho and Project Consultant Mr John Onwualu, expressed satisfaction with the quality and pace of work, adding that his administration has zero tolerance for project abandonment.
He said: “For the past few days we have been going round to inspect projects. We are taking advantage of the dry season to know how many projects that will be completed.
“We are here to see what they have done because you cannot know the extent of work just from the paper work. I am very impressed seeing what they have done.
“It is to discharge water from Owa-Alero to Iyi-Ama stream. They have assured us that the job will be completed in the next four months.
“I am satisfied with the work done so far by the contractor, CCECC. What is going on here is the same thing going on in Warri. The other phase of the Warri storm drainage project will soon commence.
“The only way to cure the flood water problems here, is to build this storm water drainage and that’s what we are doing here.
“The major work of about 75% have been done already. The remaining 25% will be completed by April like the contractor”.